Monday, July 22, 2013

What Significance Is The "Godhead" To Our Worship?

One of my stops in proving the doctrines taught me, was the "Godhead". Using only the simple tools I have -- e-Sword Bible Reader with all the free resources one can download, and the English dictionaries available online, Wikipedia, Google search and the Rules in Learning How To Learn and How To Build Stable Data that I have shared in this blog.

In our King James Version, using the built-in search in e-Sword we get ONLY the following verses where the "Godhead" is used:

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the "Godhead" is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
(Act 17:29 KJV)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and "Godhead"; so that they are without excuse:
(Rom 1:20 KJV)

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(Col 2:9 KJV)

You may do the same, using your "e-Sword application" to search the word "Godhead" in your Bible. You will find it in these Bibles: the King James Bible, the Geneva Bible, Tyndale Bible, the Bishops' Bible, Webster's Bible, Young's Literal Translation, ... in the same tradition.

By doing so, is how you begin to learn how-to "divide the word of truth" -- Study The Bible Effectively -- etymologically -- using simple modern tools available online.

If you search the Internet about this subject or related subject you will find many different terms, such as Trinity, the most common one, Unity and Oneness -- I'm not sure if they are one and the same; Binitarianism, Modalism, and so forth. This is an indicator that the subject is in a state of discussion, still being debated.

If one has not yet approached this study but already believed on any one of this, this is still in a state of confusion for one. And it is very daunting to approach to study because it has grown so much that it can be confusing rather than helpful.

My Background on this subject does not help much either. I grew up in Christian home knowing that G-d[Elohim] is One and "Later" became Three Persons in One. In the church I used to belong, there had been debates about the nature of the "Godhead", and were divided into three groups -- those who believed that the "Godhead is One", those who believed that the "Godhead is Two", and those who believed that the "Godhead is Three", or "the Trinity". The church, however, officially, declares "the Trinity doctrine" is what the whole church believes. And there are a few that believed the "Godhead" is neither one of these. So, as you can see, inside the church is a state of confusion. And outside the church, is no difference. It is in state of greater confusion.

It was because of this that prompted me to want to share how I cleared this doctrine for myself. But because of the nature of the subject, I did not know how. There are already many studies online, even debates on youtube. And I just want to share how in my own little ways.

Looking back: When I got started on this journey -- Seeking the Truth for myself -- I have learned to asked key questions, and you will too, depending on your worldview and viewpoints. One of the key questions I learned to ask is: "What significance is this to my faith or belief?" In this case the "Godhead", so I would ask, "What significance is believing in this doctrine, the 'Godhead' to my faith or my belief?".

To make my task easier, I would ask this question to those people who are, I supposed, knowledgeable than I am on this subject, and base on their teachings, I would search the Scriptures, according to the rules in Learning How To Learn and How To Build Stable Data. The objective is to satisfy the question. And this is one of the questions that throw off some of my Bible Study teachers in the church I used to belong.

Now fast forward: I went to the Bible Study groups on FB, and ask this question: "What significance is the Trinity Doctrine to one's faith or belief?" Addressing to the members of my former church. Hoping this question would lead them to the right perspective of "Why indeed we have this doctrine in our church?" OR to much broader sense "Why do we discuss the nature of the 'Godhead' in the first place?" I might also add "How many Spirits are there in the 'Godhead'?" (Rev 3:1, 4:5, 5:6) Might these questions reveal the true character of its origins? I hope so.

And unto the angel of the assembly in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of YHWH, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
(Rev 3:1 RNKJV)

And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of YHWH.
(Rev 4:5 RNKJV)

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of YHWH sent forth into all the earth.
(Rev 5:6 RNKJV)

But I did not asked this question to enter into a debate, because debate is not my intention. My intention is for them to think through, deeply, thoroughly about the question on hand before answering the question. Because, I believed, that if a person seek to answer the question on hand honestly, he/she would arrived at the right answers.

The first few times, I posted this question I did not get sensible answers. The answers I got were a come-on to debate the subject. So, I avoided it by posting -- "the subject has been in contention since the 1500's". And left it at that. Recently though, I get this answer:

"The object of one's worship is the MOST important event in one's faith and particularly in one's worship." Bishop Jerry Hayes

This is the first sensible answer I got, that truly make sense. After this, a couple more answers came based on the Scripture. This is a confirmation to me that I must share how I cleared this subject for myself, and I will in my next post -- The Evolution of the "Godhead".

If "The object of one's worship is the MOST important event in one's faith and particularly in one's worship." Might the subject the "Godhead" necessary in learning for one's worship? We will have different answers to this question depending on ones viewpoint or worldview.

After learning about the subject, my answer now is -- "Not Really!" But before learning the subject, my answer was -- "I think so." So I approached the subject. And my conclusion is, it is really not significant for our worship. It is just the adversary's tool to confused, and to deceived. But do not take my word, I challenge you if you want to approach the subject, remember the question I asked: "What significance is the subject the 'Godhead' to my faith or belief?"

For I have already learned that the "Godhead" is One, The Almighty Elohim, All Powerful, Creator of All things, Has no beginning and no ending. That He is our Father in heaven, that He manifests Himself through His only Son in the flesh. That we ought to worship Him and Him only for He is a Jealous G-d[El]. That we can ask anything of Him through the name of His Son, Yahushua, and according to His will, He will give it to us.

The Mediator, however, is not of one, but Elohim is one.
(Gal 3:20 The Scriptures 1998+)

You believe that Elohim is one. You do well. The demons also believe – and shudder!
(Jas 2:19 The Scriptures 1998+)

The first part of the "Shema":

“Hear, O Yisra’ĕl: יהוה our Elohim, יהוה is one!
(Deu 6:4 The Scriptures 1998+)

“And you shall love יהוה your Elohim with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your might.
(Deu 6:5 The Scriptures 1998+)

“And these Words which I am commanding you today shall be in your heart,
(Deu 6:6 The Scriptures 1998+)

and you shall impress them upon your children, and shall speak of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up,
(Deu 6:7 The Scriptures 1998+)

and shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
(Deu 6:8 The Scriptures 1998+)

“And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
(Deu 6:9 The Scriptures 1998+)

Shalom! Shalom!

Recommended For You:


No comments :

Post a Comment